Posted November 22nd, 2011
by Theresa, Marketing
- 4 Cornish game hens
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rub hens with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Lightly season hens with salt and pepper. Place 1 lemon wedge and 1 sprig of rosemary in the cavity of each hen. Arrange in a large, heavy roasting pan, and arrange garlif cloves around the hens. Roast in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together wine, chicken broth, and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Pour this mixture over the hens.
- Continue roasting about 25 minutes longer, or until the hens are golden brown and the juices run clear. Baste with pan juices every 10 minutes.
- Transfer hens to a platter, pouring any cavity juices into the roasting pan. Tent hens with aluminum foil to keep warm. Transfer pan juices and garlic cloves to a medium saucepan and boil until the liquids reduce to a sauce-like consistency, about 6 minutes. Cut the hens in half lengthwise and arrange on plates. Pour sauce over top of the hens, and serve.